Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Pain every morning

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I recently moved to a different country. Running low on money, I've been eating the same thing every single day, because it's cheap - salami sandwiches.

About two weeks ago, a friend gave me some buffalo wings. I'm usually just fine with spicy food, but I think the sudden introduction of something different - and spicy, at that - irritated my system. All night I had reflux problems and then the next morning, stomach pain, gas, and diarrhea.

The problem is that I've had this going on every morning since then. Shortly after I wake up, the pain starts, and I end up in and out of the bathroom for the first hour or two that I'm awake. The trips are frequently not productive, but the pain comes and goes anyway, in addition to some gas.

As a full time student, it's really bad for my morning classes...

My diet has changed a bit, since I recently discovered I could buy fish and chicken for 3 Euro. I think the foods I'm eating are more balanced now, and I haven't been living off of solely salami sandwiches for about a week.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2011
Hello, and thank you for your medical question on e Health Forum.

From the available history, your symptoms seem to be due to indigestion as well due to reflux disorder.

You can try the tips suggested below.

1. Change and develop good dietary habits including, eating several small meals daily.

2. Diet should include fresh fruits, fiber rich foods.
Avoid spicy foods, fats and fried foods.
Also avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, colas, and smoking.
Avoid processed foods (Junk foods from refined carbohydrates),
Eat freshly cooked food from whole grains.

3. Adopt proper posture.

4. Don't eat for at least three hours before you go to bed. If you have symptoms at night, try raising the head of your bed six to ten inches.

5. Maintaining adequate hydration.

6. Adopting a sitting upright posture for 1 hr post meals will help in relieving the symptoms.

7. Avoid foods to which you are intolerant.

8. In addition, using activated charcoal (For stomach gas), OTC antacids (tums, mylanta, maalox) and Omeprazole (acid reducer) will also help the symptoms.

You might consider consulting a physician who after a physical examination can rule out other conditions including angina, heart disease, etc.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.