Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

pain down the middle of my chest both my shoulders and neck

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
User Profile
i have dislocated my shoulder twice and broke my collarbone i think because it is now straight. but right down the middle of my chest i am getting a really bad pain and both my shoulders and my neck hurt and some times my tongue feels funny. i am getting really scared as i am only 29.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2011
You may be scared, but I don't recognize anything in your question that makes me think that you have heart trouble. It sounds like you need an orthopedic evaluation, what with dislocated shoulder, broken collarbone and pain in the neck and both shoulders. You don't define "a really bad pain," how long it lasts, what brings it on, what it is associated with, whether you have ever suffered a neck injury, etc. Nevertheless, you describe enough discomfort so it is clear that you should have a medical evaluation, probably including x-rays of the neck and an electrocardiogram. Do discuss this with your physician.
And please keep in mind that I am unable to diagnose medical conditions online.

An easy-to-read book about the heart for lay persons. Available at major online book retailers and other fine bookstores.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.