Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

Pain behind right breast and back shoulder blades

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have had a dull pain behind my right breast and central chest that also goes behind to back thru the shoulder blades. Mostly on right side, but does radiate thru to both. Sometimes this shoulder blade pain is sharper...and sometimes it burns. The center of my chest feels full/tight. I feel I need to stretch out my shoulders as if I need to sit up straight or pop my back. It feels like it's difficult to breathe sometimes. The only thing I've found to briefly get relief is to belch or cough even when i do not have to do so, but like I said it's brief relief. I can handle food fine - nothing really bothers me nor do I feel sick after I eat foods. I don't have indigestion, heartburn. Had the gallbladder scan today, but don't know results yet. Dr also put me on nexium just in case it's stomach/ulcer or hiatal hernia related. Anyone have similar problem and/or know anything else?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 31st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
This does sound like a gastic condition. Nexium or other medication in the same class of drugs would be the treatment of choice. It may take a few days before you notice relief. If you don't get relief go see a cardiologist. Insist on an EKG. Upper GI distress is one sign of cardiac problems in women. It is worth it to get it checked out. Let us know how your gallbladder scan went.
|

replied June 2nd, 2008
Cardiac Problems
I actually do have a rhythm disorder (pvc's) which I had previously been taking norpace & verapamil together for about the last 10 years then 3 yrs ago my electrophysiologist took me off of norpace so had only been taking verapamil. However, I recently went thru a divorce and didn't have health insurance so I weened myself off of verapamil and hadn't taken anything for the past year. I didn't think it was 'heart' related since it was on the right side! I did make an appointment with my electrophysiologist, but unfortunately, it's over two months out. I was told I could call in daily to see if they had any cancellations before my appt to get in sooner. Thanks for letting me know this piece of advice - now I'm real worried. I had 3 cathetur ablations to correct the problem and since I did feel that the pvc's were better, even though they felt it was unsuccessful. So that's why I was like...I can't afford the meds...I'll try life without them. I know it's dumb, but you do what you have to sometimes.
|