Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Pain and penis cut during sex

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
hi im 18 and well about two days ago i was with my gf and im a virgin but she is not. We where starting to have sex and we had some playing around you know me on her vagina and stuff. she didnt do anything to me however because i wasnt ready. Then while we were on bed she went on top of me while i laid on bed and she inserted her vagina into my penis.. that same second it hurt so much and since i was a virgin i didnt know if that was the normal feeling. however i took her off of me because of the immense pain, and i felt like water drops falling and when i looked i was bleeding immensely. The tip of my penis had a cut on it and i was very shocked. I had not put on a condom however. So why did this happen? And the cut is ill say about half an inch or so. Now she is scared to do anything again and so am i because of the pain i have all day. So what can i do to prevent this next time we try to have sex?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 23rd, 2010
Sexual Health - Men Answer A17964
Hello and thank you for posting your medical query on E health Forum.

From the history provided, it seems that you had deep penetrative intercourse, with your partner on top position which resulted in minor injury and resultant bleeding.

The mucosa on the head of the penis is very delicate and envelops the penile vascular tissue. The blood volume increases in the erect state. Injury of either the mucosa or the surrounding tissues including the superficial veins of the penis can result in bleeding.

Lack of enough lubrication during passionate sexual intercourse can lead to minor cuts and then results in bleeding which lasts for various durations. Such cuts can be seen either in the penis tip or in the foreskin (in uncircumcised men).

Another condition associated with sexual injury is a fracture-Penis. Penile fractures are tears in the vascular tissues of the penis, that occur when the erect penis is bent forcefully (Common in partner on top position); there may be a popping or cracking sound and results in bleeding from the tip of the penis and associated with severe throbbing pain.

Penile injuries can can usually be diagnosed based solely on history and physical examination findings. You may consider to see your GP or a Urologist, for evaluating the extent of injury, and taking necessary interventions to prevent any possible complications in this situation. Concomitant urethral injury must be ruled out as well.

In the future, to prevent future recurrences, you may consider to use over the counter lubricants (K Y jelly) during intercourse to avoid any sort of discomfort or pain. Also proper position and posture should be maintained to have safe sex.

I hope you find this helpful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.