Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Pain and bloating after umbilical hernia

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I had umbilical hernia February 23, 2009 and I still feel very much in pain and now my stomach constantly feels bloated and hurts...sometimes I feel a burning feeling in my stomach...could it be the hernia is back?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2010
You will need to ask your surgeon to re-examine you for signs of a recurrent hernia. However, there are many different causes of abdominal bloating and pain besides hernias.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied April 1st, 2012
swelling after hernia surgery
Did your abdominal swelling ever go away? I had umbilical hernia surgery 4 weeks ago. I used to have a flat stomach but not i look pregnant. Please tell me it will go away.
|

replied August 11th, 2012
I had my surgery almost two months ago . I'm still swollen if I sit for prolong time with jeans on the pain kicks in . Not sure what to do it actually hurts more than when I had my hernias which were 3 small ones.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hernia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.