Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Pain after Gallbladder removal.

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I had my gallbladder out Sept 7th 2012.It is Oct. 2nd 2012 an I have continued to have the same pain as before the removal. It is a burning,spasm in my right upper quadrant beneath my ribs below my right breast. the pain radiates around my right side and hurts in the ribs and shoulder blade in my back. I dont have to eat anything for it to hurt. Hurts upon activity. When it gets to the point I cant stand it anymore I go lay on my back and after about 10-15 minutes it goes away. Returns if I get up and start doing house work,cooking and will get worse if I eat. My surgeon says he doesnt know what it is...told me to return to my primary doctor and have them refer me to a GI doctor. Anyone on here experienced this and had a diagnosis?

THANKS!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2012
Yes,I am having the same pain. I had the pain before I had the surgery(a little over a yr)but it wasn't as painful as it is now,just dull and could handle it.I never knew what it was from,til now. I had my gb surgery on Oct.24,12. The pain just started about 3-4 days ago,I called and spoke to the nurse and she said in time it should go away,my body has to get use to not having it there. Activity will make it hurt,really haven't noticed with food. Here I thought when I had it taken out I'd have no more problems,ugh!
|

replied April 26th, 2013
same here i am 2half weeks from emergency removal im still in a lot of pain tightness of the chest radiating to the back low grade fever constantly feel tired and sick i wish id never burst because i would have kept it
|