Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

pain after big or greasy meal, hurts to breath, vomiting

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
Over the last year I have had some problem with my stomach.

The symptoms are I will start to get stomach pains (this will be after a big meal or greasey fatty meal, or it sometimes happens when a stressful event occures) squeezing pain in my chest, thingling pain in my lower adomin, it hurts to breath in too much air, I am very nauseous & after a number of hours 3 to 12 I will be in pain for all that time & then I will vomit.

I have since been to my doctor who sent me for an ultrasound. The doctor who did the ultrasound said I had inflamed bile ducts. He didn't give me any more information.

The results are on the way to the doctor but I have to wait two weeks before they can tell me anything.

I'm worried it might be cancerous. Can you give me any more information, such as eating (what foods should i avoid as food brings on an episode, any food can bring on an attach now), exercise (is it ok for me to exercise in the mean time?) and any other information you can give me.
Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2012
Abdominal Pain Answer A35355
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

According to the symptoms described by you as stomach pain after fatty food intake,nausea,chest pain,vomitting it is indicative of gut issues as:
1)GERD or Reflux Oesophagitis -- It should be relieved by intake of antacids.Endoscopy is the best diagnostic method to rule out.

2) The symptoms you are complaining can be due to Gall bladder Stones or even inflammation called Cholelithiasis/ Cholecystitis. They are commonly associated with belching, indigestion.

3) Stomach or Duodenal Ulcer- The pain is related with food intake

4) Enlarged liver - It can be ruled out with Ultrasound of abdomen.

Relax as it does not seem to be anything cancerous.The simple measures that are likely to help you are-
1.Certain foods, such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts and legumes (beans) may worsen the symptoms.

2.Dietary fiber may lessen symptoms.You should drink plenty of water, and avoid soda, which may cause gas and abdominal discomfort.

3.Exercise is good and you can continue with it.

4.Drink lots of water.

5.Avoid fatty,oily food intake.

Kindly wait for the reports so that treatment can be started accordingly.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.