Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Pain above buttocks

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
So a few months ago I began to experience lower back pain...mostly around and a little above the buttocks and inbetween...as for in between it seemed that it was on the other side of my spine because i couldn't reach it to massage or anything... I recently switched to a new mattress and figured the back pain was because of how hard the mattress is. I also figured sitting in classes for hours was causing some of the pain too.
I then began to experience pain in it seemed my bladder just for a moment as i urinated...but every time, and always at the same point in urinating...as if there was a sore lining the wall or something. I went to my doctor and they had me take a urinalysis and checked for chlamydia ...nothing wrong with me... they told me to wait it out, it went away...
Now within the month, i began to experience the same type of pain...like a sore...but in the shaft of my penis as i urinated... went back to the doc, she said wait it out again... the back pain hasnt gone away but the shaft pain has... its been gone about a week... but tonight i got the same bladder twinge again while urinating...
I've researched tons of possibilities to try and find a cure...

Any idea whats wrong with me? Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2009
Hi this i a strange situation as you've been to the doctors and they have ruiled out an STD thats good news. To me it sounds like abit of a water infection i suffer from them all the time and i get the same symptoms back pain and things. I have urine tests reguarly and it does'nt always pick anything up but i know when i have one. I've learnt to keep mine at bay myself. Buy some cranberry juice or barley water or both i prefer barley water and try to drink these reguarly instead of fizzy pops. u'l find that these are the best cure around hope this helps
|
Did you find this post helpful?