Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pain Management Forum

oxycodone availability

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Is it true that oxy will be taken off the shelves in the upcoming year and replaced by another pain med? (i am in canada)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
Kbrooksie,

There has not been any mention of this occurring on another forum that I use. That forum, an international pharmaceutical one, usually knows what is going on in these topics.

In the United States, some of the States are significantly limiting the prescribing of oxycodone. Florida is the one leading the crusade on that one.

There has been some traffic in terms of availability though. There have been, and probably will be, some supply issues.

But, oxycodone is a very good and useful pain medication. It is doubtful that it would be totally removed from the market. However, Canada may go to the abuse deterrent type of OxyContin that the States did a year or so ago. But, again, have not heard if this is a absolute yet or not.

Rumors of oxycodone being taken off the market are rampant and frequent. Someone brings up the subject at least 3 or 4 times a month.

Good luck.
|

replied August 13th, 2013
oxycodone not available, georgia
I have been prescribed the oxycodone 30mg for breakthrough pain for 3 years now. Morphine er for pain maintainence. I am not an addict, just severely broken up due to a car wreck that has left me in a wheelchair. I have had a prescription for my oxycodone since last month, cannot get it filled. The pharmacies here refuse to fill it, even the ones that have just a month before. Saying they do not have it. Funny though, the pharmacy down the street that said they do not carry it anymore was robbed at gunpoint three days after telling me this and the news said the young man got away with 3,000 pills of oxycondone 30mg, and he said during the robbery "sorry for doing this, its an epidemic, I'm sick and need my medicine"!
|
Quick Reply