Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

overreaction issues

i sometimes have very bad overreaction issues with people in my life more so my husband, and i dont know why i do that, i do it and feel i have a good reason for doing it and then feel really bad after its done, then everyone is feeling bad, i get hurt and upset during the process and feels the person im talking to is not understanding my point and sometimes the issue is soo small yet i feel ignored, hurt or misunderstood which cause the overreaction, for example: i did something that was a legit mistake and i was talking to my husband about it as if he would be understanding towards me or just basically feeling it with me but all he could say is " dont let your curiosity get u into trouble" and i wasnt trying to do what i did it was a mistake and he just shot me down with that kind of comment cause i thought he knew it was a mistake, guess he thought i was trying to be nosey or something and i wasnt. Another example: my husband is away right now and so i sent him a very sweet email concerning his job that is already a big strain on our marriage anyway, but i sent him a email telling him im proud of him and that he was my hero and that i thank him for just doing what hes doing to put food on the table and that i love him and so on and so he didnt respond or anything and so when he did email back late, i asked him about the email he said he did see it early that day and he just didnt get deep into it" well i was so upset and because it took all day until late night for him to contact me and for him to tell me that, i figured he could have just said something like thank u or something to let me know he got it or act like he cares, i really do overreact with him on alot of issues and i scream, i yell, i slam doors, etc.... i love my husband and i dont want to run him out of my life, what should i do about this problem i deal with so often?, i even sometimes jump to conclusion and sware i know what i heard and felt and it causes a big problem, i need help! people have told me i overreact and that i jump to conclusions, sometimes i do be right and sometimes i can be wrong. can u please me be better so i can have a peacefull marriage with my husband?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You need to discuss this with your doctor if you feel like you cant control it yourself because something like this will drive the people you love away...Jenny
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2009
Supporter
I m not a doctor but do you think that you are bipolar. my ex's sister was bipolar and she over reacted by screaming and yelling during her episodes. you should talk to your doctor or try to see a therapist to rule it out. it may be just stress.

my current boyfriend would compliment me and i would say something negative about myself, so he told me when someone compliments me, just accept it. so i didnt even know i reacted that way. but the correction was simple and loving.
|