Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Overactive clitoris

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I'm 57 yrs. old and I have an overactive clit, I will have orgasms several times at night when I go to bed, during the night which causes me to wake up, in the mornings and all during the day.I want to know can this be causing some can of strain to my body or heart or is this sometimes normal. I went some years without having any kind of sexual relations due to a breakup after 23 yrs with one partner and I just started a new relationship and this has never happened to me before.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 17th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Face57, I do not think is is normal for a 57 year old woman to get multiple spontaneous orgasms at night. I do not think it is normal for any woman to experience this. Have you spoken to your doctor?

Best of luck!
|

replied June 9th, 2011
I am 59 years old and having the same clitoris orgasims every day for the last 6 months, All day and at night. I am so sick of it. You feel horny all the time and even though you get orgasims, you never feel satisfied, because it keeps on coming back, quickly even. Does anyone else have this problem. I told my doctor about it and she acted like it was nothing, But this cannot be normal.
|

replied June 9th, 2011
Community Volunteer
You have to insist that your doctor look at it and treat it. Many people does not realize what a big problem this is and think it is all fun. It is not normal and it will wear you out both physically and mentally.

Did you start new medicines, have an infection, used new products that touch your vulva? Remember to wash with clean water under your clitoral hood and take a look with a mirror to see if you can see anything. And keep your vulva dry (always pat it dry, wear cotton undies and sleep commando to let it 'air' out at night.
|

replied May 25th, 2012
I had something similar recently (it was terrible, honestly). What it seemed to be was, I had recently recovered from an eating disorder in which I got to a dangerously low weight, stopped getting my period, etc., etc. And shortly after that, I guess it was part of my body recovering that my hormones just went crazy. It stopped after, I would have to guess a week, though. I think reducing your estrogen intake could help though, I hear. (The anorexia was from age 14-mid 15, and this happened around age fifteen to sixteen, so it will probably be different.) Hope this helps, good luck!
|