Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Overactive bladder treatment

Must Read
Urinary continence is loss of bladder control. What happens during this condition? And what types of bladder incontinence do doctors diagnose?...
Learn more about the many medical conditions that can cause loss of bladder control. Also, are you at risk of incontinence and losing bladder control?...
Learn the different between symptoms of incontinence vs. an overactive bladder. And know when to seek help for both medical conditions....
Hello everyone I am a 21 year old male and have had problems with the urge to frequently urinate for the past 2.5 months now. I had a cystoscopy performed by the urologist; however, it came back normal no IC, no strictures, bladder size looks normal (size doesnt equate to functionality) nothing out of the ordinary. My prostate is also normal for someone my age, but he did note that it was somewhat irregular in size, not enlarged just different shape. He gave me samples of Detrol LA and Vesicare to help me with my problems. Currently I am on Vesicare for the 7th day right now and havnt seen a noticeable improvement and am becoming very frustrated. Overall I was wondering which medication is more effective in your experience, vesicare or detrol la. Im not sure if I should give vesicare another week or just drop it and try detrol la right now.

Many thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 28th, 2008
Detrol works good for me while I am taking it, I know every one reacts different to certain medications, but never ever mix them. I hope that helps some.
|
Did you find this post helpful?