Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Ovary removed, still get bad cramps on that side

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
Hi,

I had a very large cyst on my right ovary that had burst in mid September. Shortly after it burst, it caused my ovary to also burst. My gyn performed an oopharondectomy (taking out my ovary and my ovarian tube) since I have already had two children. Since it is 9 months later, I'm a little confused about something.

I am supposed to get my period any day and I still get cramps prior. Last night and then this morning I didn't get ANY cramps on my left side, only my right. Does anyone understand why this happens? I don't have cramps or anything any other time in the month. Please help if you have any info.

Thanks a ton!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 22nd, 2010
Cramps after ovary removal
I had my left ovary removed and still get cramps on my left side only during menstration. I dont' know why this happens. I wish I had more to tell you.
|

replied July 8th, 2011
I, too, had my left ovary and left tube removed and will still have cramps on that side only from time to time. I was also wondering if that was normal. Smile
|

replied August 31st, 2012
I had my right ovary and tube removed over 5 years ago and every month I have cramps only on that side. Some months are better than others. I am right now experiencing very painful cramps to the point it hurts to walk. I am now 39 years old with 2 teenage children. I think sometimes it would be best to have a total hysterectomy, but would rather not. I do wish to know why the cramps are so severe on the side where ovary and tubes were removed. I will keep searching for answers. I wish you all the best outcome!
|