Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

osteochondroma timeline and surgery expectations

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
I have a large osteochondroma on my right hip surrounding the nerve bundle. I have had x-rays, MRI, and CT scan that all reveal that this is large and is causing increased pain in my hip and leg. I was in good health, but during a deployment my hip began to hurt, gradually at first and now it is in constant pain. I cannot stay seated, nor can I stand too long without pain. I was given a cane to assist in walking and ibuprofen for pain, but it seems to me to be much more of a bandaid for the symptoms rather than a solution to the problem. I have talked to 3 ortho physicians and each have said surgery is necessary and due to the location it will require a hip dislocation. All that said can anyone give me a vague timeline on when I will be able to walk without assistance and get back to my life as it was...

Thank you in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
|