Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

osgood-schlatters and patellofemoral syndrome

Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
User Profile
i am a 16 year old male with a history of growth related knee pain: osgood-schlatters and patellofemoral syndrome. recently, i have another knee ailment: my left knee on the inside (medial) i have seen two pt guys and one orthopedist, both of whom physically examined my knee; none thought i had a mcl or meniscus tear. both my hips are internally rotated; i toe in while walking, biking, etc. i also have flat feet, but i wear custom orthotics. it first came while doing elliptical trainer--it was sharp, as if nails had been driven into it. it comes back when bike too much, or sports that requires pivoting on the knee. does NOT hurt to run briefly or perform squatting exercises (even with heavy weight).i do notice it a bit in my right knee, not really painful or in anyway debilitating (leads me to believe that it is perhaps not an acute injury--i can recall no specific trauma that may have caused this except. however, onset was quite sudden on the elliptical). it hurts morning after use

Did you find this post helpful?
|