Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Ortho Evra birth control patch

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
Hello...I started the Ortho Evra patch on April 2, within the first 24 hours of the beginning of my menstrual cycle, just like the papers said. I recently finished the third patch and, obviously, it is 10 days before I was supposed to start my period. Is my period supposed to start sooner, since I'm on the patch now? Also, when can I expect it, since I would normally expect it again on the 2nd of May? I'm full of questions, like, why are my boobs hurting, and should I start my new patch on the 2nd, even if my period hasn't started? What are the odds of it not starting on the second, like it would have if I hadn't started the patch?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2009
Supporter
There's no way to know exactly how the patch will affect your next period. Your next period should come on or around May 2. Do not change the way you take the patch or you will lessen its effectiveness. Continue to use the patch exactly as directed.
|
Did you find this post helpful?