Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Orange watery nasal discharge

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
This is a new one to me. Only happening to one nostril. Sometimes runs out like it was water (No need to blow). Well the blowing helps get it all out. I have had several sinus infections in my years. All of them had some sort of pain with it. This one has no pain whatsoever. No clogged ears either. I can feel a bit of pressure from that one side that has the discharge though, its not painfull at all. There is no illness either. Just a nostril with orange discharge. Come to think of it it doesnt have that smell that usualy comes with a sinus infection. I find it odd so I thought I would throw it out and see what you guys think it might be.

-Del
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Mr_Del
|

replied February 28th, 2009
Experienced User
I just did a bit of research on this. It made me remember one thing that may be playing a role in this. An MRI not even a year old did show a cyst in the sinuses. Couldnt tell you exactly where.

Most people are reporting this problem occuring durring or shortly after an illness.I was sick 3 weeks ago.

-Del
|

User Profile
replied November 18th, 2012
I was just brushing my teeth and the same thing happened. Reddish orang watery discharge from only one nostril. I'm a bit worried, this is the first time something like this has happened to me.
|

replied January 10th, 2013
I just had the exact same thing happen. I bent over to blow dry my hair and a liquid that looked like apple juice dripped out of my right nostril. I just got over a flu that had severe pain (like someone hit me with a hammer) by my cheekbone. I thought it was a toothache. It lasted about 2 days and went away 2 weeks ago. Now I just feel a pressure by my nose, and no congestion. Will be calling the doctor.
|

replied July 6th, 2013
This happened twice to me in the last week. Most recently tonight. It was while I was bent over and it flowed without warning or pressure.
|