Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Orange light discharge right after period

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I am 23, still virgin and have never had any sexual activities nor am I on pills or anything like that.
My period started 7 days ago, it barely came the first day, was just spots, and the blood was a pure red which is bit different for me, and the smell was bit different.
It lasted for about 5 days but I have been having a yellowish-Orange light discharge for those 2 days ( at first it was still bit pinkish too), it is not heavy or thick but it is there. , only when I wipe. Not on the pad or anything. It doesnt have a bad smell or anything. But I am worried because it never happened to me before.
Should I be worried? and what is the cause?.. I am very scared to be honest..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 17th, 2010
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Yellowish orange discharge may be due to any kind of infection like bacterial or fungal infection.The infection is sometimes also due to tampoon usage.
You might consider seeing a gynaecologist so that a proper examination can be done and may also require investigation like pap smear in which the vaginal fluid is collected to study the causative organism and then treated accordingly.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.