Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Oral sex with strep throat

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I found out today that I have strep throat. My boyfriend and I had sex last night, and at one point he preformed oral sex.

Can the infection I didnt know I had spread to my vagina?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Doles
|

replied January 19th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Hi If you and your boyfriend kissed then he can catch it through saliva....And you mentioned he preformed oral sex on you so yes you can get it in your vagina...if your bf has caught it....

Symptoms to look out for is red,watery bumps that are itchy...Good luck Jenny
|

If I'm on amoxicillin now, will that get rid of it?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yes it will clear up if you take the meds properly and finish the course.....Did you and your bf kiss because he might need to get medication as well...
|

Yes we were kissing.. he has a tight throat does that mean symptoms are coming? Should I give him the med immediately?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I think this could be a symptom yes....but DON'T give him your meds you need to take the whole dose otherwise it will just come back....He needs to go to his doctor and get the medicine himself....Jenny
|

ok thank you for your help!
|

Extremely eHealthy
No problem
|

replied June 22nd, 2009
The wife and I had oral sex, then regular sex while I had strep throat. We didn't know I had this till I got a fever the following day, before our intimate moment, all I had was a sore throat from yelling at an amusement park so often. So, now we're both on antibiotics. My tonsils had patchy white circles that verified I was infected with Strep, can these same patchy white bumps/circles be passed down to the vagina and penis during oral sex?
|

replied August 3rd, 2011
Help me
I had strep throat four days on vacation and no antibiotics, I kissed my partner and he performed oral sex on me multiple times during these four days. Is it possible that he has transferred strep to my genitals? I have the same exact puss like sores that aren't as painful but definitely hurt. I went to planned parenthood and the lady took one look wouldn't listen to what I had to say and said it was herpes. I honestly do not believe it is though. I think it is for sure strep I just need a professional opinion
|

replied October 15th, 2013
Strep thoat
I just found out last night i had strep but before i found out me and my husband had sex and i gave him oral and we kissed does that mean he might get it down there and could i get it down there. And when should i go to the doctors?
|
Quick Reply