Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Onion Allergy

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
I think I may have an onion allergy when I eat Onion my lips Break Out in a rash that tends to make them dry and itchy and I can feel the rash on my lips.

Is this an onion allergy.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper EamonnC
|

replied October 28th, 2011
It most certainly is... I suffer from this myself and have done for many years. Not only are you allergic to onions, but i advise you to stay away from Garlic, Leek, Chive and cellary too, as these are all from the same family.
|

replied December 26th, 2011
It sounds like you have an allergy to onion. The onion food allergy is a two different type of reaction like immediate and delayed reaction allergy. In immediate allergy to onions you might experience coughing, vomiting, skin rash and swelling of your face. And in delayed allergy to onions may occur stomach pain and headache. I think,you must avoid to eat onion.
|