Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

One testicle swollen and one shrunk ?

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
User Profile
About 8 years ago my left testicle started swelling up and my right one started shrinking. I didn't pay much attention at first as i thought it will get back to normal. But it continued swelling gradually for a few months and my right one shrank. It stopped when my left testicle got to the size slightly larger than this
and my right testicle shrank to the size of a grape. Even now it is the same. Physically I am healthy and I don't have any other health problems. I have undergone two general medical exams and I am fine according to the reports. I didn't mention this condition to the doctors as they were pre-employment checkups and I didn't want to jeopardize my job. I have still not gone to a doctor because of I am embarrassed and I don't know what to reply if he asks why didn't I come earlier.

I am sure my other one has shrunk. Previously it was maybe slightly smaller than a walnut.
I know all this sounds weird but can anyone at least tell my what kind of problem it can be. The closest I got as hydrocele or testicular cancer. But since my right one has shrank I dont think it can be any of those. Its a really weird condition I think. Can someone tell me what is wrong with my testicles and is it treatable. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile natlus
|

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2011
mmtforme@hotmail.com
I cannot give you an answer to your question, but I can tell you that exactly the same thing has happened to me. Around 2006/2007, my right testicle began to swell while my left testicle began to shrink. Now, my left one is smaller than a grape and my right one is large enough to sometimes stretch my scrotum. I haven't told my doctor either but otherwise am healthy.
|

replied June 15th, 2012
Hi mate. Did you ever find out what was wrong. Its just that the same thing hasnhappened to me. Cheers
|