Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

once again in horrible pain and would rather not take pills

Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this. I am a 21 yr old who was recently diagnosed with endo (may 12, 2012). My question is how long does it typically take for endo to come back because I am once again in horrible pain. Also, I have been drinking a ton of water, and for some reason that seems to make it work. I drank a regular size water bottle and I have gone to the bathroom at least 10 times since I figured drinking that a few hours ago. It doesn't burn or anything when I urinate, it is just frequent and it seems to coincide with the pain. However, I did have a urologist look for interstitial cystitis and he saw no evidence of it, and said the bladder looks great. So, is it possible for endo to come back not even three weeks post surgery, and if so what are my options? I am only 21 and wish to have kids in the future. Also I am an avid fitness guru and I would rather not take a pill or shot that I going to make me gain a bunch of weight. Any insight or referrals would be appreciated. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If the endometriosis is deep retroperitoneal in location, your symptoms could be attributed to it. If the symptoms have recurred, laparoscopic removal of the endometriosis implants should be done along with removal of scar tissues/pelvic adhesions to provide effective pain relief. Treatment with the regression therapy after removal of endometrial implants is known to work better in giving you long term relief. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms and regulate your periods. Your fertility returns back immediately and you are most fertile after the laparoscopic removal of the endometriosis and after completing the regression therapy. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Endometriosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.