Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

on 11th day of follicular study ...

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
User Profile
i m having pcos. i m using tablets for pcos from 1 yr. now my periods are getting regularly. i m on clomine now. i go for follicular study. and on 11th day of follicular study
IN RIGHT OVARY:
largest follicle measures 13*8 mm
IN LEFT OVARY:
largest follicle measures 15*13mm and endometrial thickness is 6mm.

on 13th day
RIGHT OVARY:
largest follicle is 13*9mm
LEFT OVARY:
largest follicle is 17*15mm
endometrial thickness is 8mm.

on 15th day
RIGHT OVARY:
L.F is 13*9mm
LEFT OVARY:
L.F is 23*19 mm and 2nd L.F is 16*11mm. 2 largest follicles are noted in left ovary.
endometrial thickness is 8mm

on16th day
RIGHT OVARY:
L.F is 13*9mm
LEFT OVARY:
L.F is 23*22mm and
2nd L.F is 16*13mm
endometrial thickness is 9mm.

but follicle is not rupturing. what shud i do now?
can i be pregnant? is there any time remain to rupture? pls suggest me as early as possible bcoz today is my 16th day.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2012
Ovulation and Ovaries Answer A36114
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If the dominant follicle rupture has not occurred in response to treatment with ovulation inducers, then your treating doctor/gynecologist might consider giving you HCG trigger injection to help with ovulation and conception. Discuss about further treatment options with your treating doctor/gynecologist. The endometrial thickness of 6mm and above is considered to be good for conception, and follicle size above 20mm is considered good and for impending rupture for egg release. If you are not successful in getting pregnant with 3-5 cycles of treatment, assisted reproductive techniques like IVF or ICSI could be helpful; in which, normal healthy sperms (from your partner) will be selected and washed to be fertilized with the egg, and then the embryos will be transferred to your womb. If you are trying for pregnancy, monitor cervical mucus changes and the BBT (basal body temperature) charting to predict your ovulation (along with the follicular study) and time your intercourse for having fruitful results. Have intercourse in positions that allow for deeper penetration for high deposit of semen. Have diet with foods rich in zinc content to ensure better maturation of egg and sperms. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.