Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

On and off period bleeding

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I've had on and off period bleeding for the last fifteen days now. Started on the 12th and lasted till the 21th. Started again on the 25th and it's now the 27th. In June (four months ago) I had to go to the ER for a ruptured cyst and found out I had another one on my other ovary. I haven't had sex in over a year, only 23, and have had no children. Haven't been on birth control in two years since it made my periods last for weeks at a time. Any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the cause for the prolonged and intermittent bleeding without examining you and going ahead with further investigations (hormonal & blood work-up, ultrasound scan etc). Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for further evaluation and assistance. Get started on treatment as indicated by your examination findings/investigation results to help you regulate your periods. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|

replied September 15th, 2012
peroids
i am 46 i know there is chance i could be going though meanapose now my peroids are very off tack this year in feb i went 45 days befor ihad one then apri then again in june almost being two mounths had july then i didtn start to sept 1oth its like im on my peroid then off it comes and g oes the past 4 days is this part of meanapose?
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.