Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

on acne meds but waking up with alot of whiteheads

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Hey I'm african american girl with really oily skin and new break outs everyday. I'm on acne meds but still i break out. Lately ive been waking up with alot of whiteheads on my face. There tenderr and big and really gross. Idk why my face is breaking out so bad no. I really hope someone can help me.. Im in great need of it.Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2012
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the treatment of acne. For its treatment, keep you face clean by washing with a mild soap atleast twice a day.

Pat it dry and do not rub it. Avoid picking or pressing the acne. You can also use Benzoyl peroxide 5% lotion or gel once at bedtime. An amount of lotion the size of a pea should be enough to cover most of your face.

If the symptoms persist then topical antibiotics, topical isotretinoin and oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.