Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Odor after hysterectomy

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
HELLO,THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR SOMETIME. I AM ALMOST 62 YRS.OLD,FEMALE.
AT FIRST YEARS AGO I NOTICED THE ODOR,AND LATELY IT'S VERY VINEGAR ODOR. I DRINK A LOT OF WATER AND DIET 7-UP. I HAD A HYSTERECTOMY 15 YEARS AGO. CAN ANYONE HELP? ARLEINA.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper snoleopard
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Please refrain from typing in all capital letters in the future. It makes your post hard to read.

Urine can smell like many things. It is usually more potent when it is darker (due to either excess vitamins coming out from things like multivitamins or dehydration). If there is no pain while urinating and you don't have any other problems, I would not worry about it too much.

However, if you are experiencing any kind of pain or other symptoms I would recommend going to a doctor to get checked out.
|

replied February 18th, 2010
Hysterectomy and Odor Suggestion for relief
I am 42 years old and have had a partial hysterectomy (3 years ago) and very recently (6 weeks ago) it was completed due to endometriosis. I started noticing an odor that has gotten progressively worse.

I've been reading up on it. Try Acidophyllus. This is a natural supplement that you can get from any healthfood store.

It promotes healthy PH balance in the vagina. I have been using it for two days and the odor has subsided somewhat. Hopefully it will be gone soon.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
|

replied April 13th, 2012
odor after hysterectomy
I too got a terrible odor after my hysterectomy. I felt disgusted and knew that I had excellent hygiene. I finally called my doctor and it was an easy fix! Your PH balance can get thrown out of whack with all the surgery, not to mention your hormones are going crazy. Buy "Rephresh" at your local Wal-Mart or drug store. It's kind of like using a yeast infection cream, yet it's clear, and there's not even enough to where you have to wear a pad. It's amazing!
|