Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Odd sleeping patterns

I stay awake all night, and sleep for a short time during the day. I don't watch television often, nor play PC games a lot. I lay down at 12AM and close my eyes but I am in and out of sleep until 7AM then I finally sleep. I have to be at work at 10AM so I wake up at 8AM to prepare for the day. When I return home it's 6:15 - 6:30PM and I'm exhaused/fatigued, but not sleepy. I'm never sleepy when I should be. I tried the OTC sleeping aids, but the only thing that works is benedryl.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 30th, 2009
Experienced User
If these symptoms are coupled with some of these symptoms... Care-less attitude, self denigration, fatigue, down or agitated mood state, then it is possible that you may be experiencing a level of depression. I would suggest that you visit your General Practitioner and discuss these symptoms... May want to familiarize yourself with the symptoms of depression to see if perhaps you may fall within this category. 30% of women and 10% of men at any time may experience a type of depression... and even if you are happy at times, it is still a possibility.
|
Did you find this post helpful?