Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

ocean waves sound in left ear

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I hear an ocean waves sound in my left ear. what does that mean? What should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 16th, 2011
This is probably Tinnitus. If it comes and goes, it is most likely Pulsatile Tinnitus (like mine was, to the sound of my heartbeat). Tinnitus could be caused by one of many things, so it's best to go to your doctor or an ENT and get checked out first to rule out anything serious. I got CT scans, MRIs and hearing tests and after 2 years finally figured out that it was my neck muscle (SCM) that was the problem. As soon as the tension "released" (in my case, the muscle essentially snapped, ouch) the Tinnitus was gone. Check out TMJ and Tinnitus, you could try to go see a dentist that specializes in TMJ or even a chiropractor.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply