Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Nutrition help for PMS?

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
I get really bad PMS. Does anybody have any advice on how to alleviate it (without medication)?

My cycles are not always the same length - they vary between 32 and 42 days. Not too long after I ovulate, the PMS symptoms kick in. PMS usually lasts for 10-14 days before I get my period, getting progressively worse, and ease up almost as soon as I start bleeding. My period lasts about 3 days.

The PMS symptoms I have are:
-very irritable/angry
-very painful breasts
-very down/sad
-cry easily, at both bad & good things
-no motivation to get anything done
-forgetful/can't think clearly
-clumsy
-nauseous stomach (not vomiting)
-diarrhea

There are other symptoms I have, too, that I am not thinking of right now. My husband could probably tell you, lol! The worst ones are the irritability and feeling down. I have heard that what you eat/don't eat can affect PMS. I already am on a pretty strict diet but I hope someone has some advice I can incorporate to make PMS easier on myself and everybody around me, lol! No medication suggestions (except vitamins perhaps) please.

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|