Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Numbness & pain in arms & hands

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
For over a year now I have been having problems with my arms & hands. It's very difficult to sleep at night due to my arms & hands going numb & causing pain, especially my right arm & hand. There are times during the day that both hands become numb but arms not affected. I have extreme weakness in hands & find it difficult to lift anything over a couple of pounds or to even staple 2 sheets of paper together. I have had adjustments done & it did relieve some of the symptoms in my left arm & hand but my right arm & hand seem to have gotten worse over the past year. I just went for an MRI on my neck today & below is the report...Can you possibly tell me what it says 7 what type of treatment I should expect to relieve my pain??

History: Neck pain, radicular pain.
MRI of the cervical spine:
Technique: Axial and sagittal images to the cervical spine were
performed in T1-weighted images, T2-weighted images, and STIR weighted
images.

No acute fracture is noted. The vertebral body heights are maintained.
Disc space heights are maintained. Disc bulging noted at the level of
C4-C5 with uncovertebral osteophytes and mild right neural foraminal
narrowing at this level. No significant central canal stenosis. Disc
bulging noted at the level of C5-C6. No significant central canal
stenosis or foraminal narrowing.
At C6-C7, there is no focal disc herniation or significant central
canal stenosis or foraminal narrowing.
At C7-T1, there is no focal disc herniation or significant central
canal stenosis or foraminal narrowing.
Paraspinal soft tissues are unremarkable.
There is no cord compression. No abnormal signal noted in the cervical
cord or upper thoracic cord. Cervicomedullary junction is normal. No
bone marrow edema is identified.

Impression: Mild spondylitic changes. No cord compression. No evidence
for significant central canal stenosis.
Did you find this post helpful?
|