Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Numbness in vagina (Page 1)

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I have a huge problem that I have found no answers for nor have I found anything on the net regarding my problem. Basically I feel no pleasure during sex. It is completely numb and no matter what size a man is or how they use it I can feel nothing. Its been this way my whole life and nothing I have done has worked. Im beginning to think its broken! I can't believe it is nerve damage because I can feel everything else just nothing I want to feel. Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone had this problem and found out what caused it? Anyone know how to fix it?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper 2992
|

replied April 22nd, 2009
SAME THING WITH ME
i think i have the same problem. i feel absolutely nothing and its really depressing Sad
|

replied May 10th, 2011
hi have u tried thrush treatment it worked for me
|

replied April 24th, 2009
numb
im always sad about it cos i cant tell my partners whats going on. i did once n he stopped having sex with me n we broke up. now i say nothing. it hurts emotionally cos i have to hear bout how good all my friends and sisters have it when they speak about sex and i cant even relate at all. i wish i knew what it felt like. i feel like im less of a woman because of it. please does anyone know how to fix this?
|

replied January 1st, 2014
Hey Everyone,

I h and also numbness extending into right side of my bag and clit. After years of looking and also being lumped into the "vulvodynia" category i found that the numbness went away immediately witth antibiotic. It all stemmed from an infection that was taking up space within me and blocking god knows what. most of the feeling is back but i am still taking an antibiotics and going to acupuncture. Even after knowing that the symptoms went away with cipro, i had to try for about 4 more months till they believed me and found that it was an infection. there is no real definitive test for infections so people like us that have one they just treat symptoms. but antibiotics get to the root of cause. Please try this i hope it works for you!!

Anna
|

replied January 1st, 2014
Hey Everyone,

I h and also numbness extending into right side of my bag and clit. After years of looking and also being lumped into the "vulvodynia" category i found that the numbness went away immediately witth antibiotic. It all stemmed from an infection that was taking up space within me and blocking god knows what. most of the feeling is back but i am still taking an antibiotics and going to acupuncture. Even after knowing that the symptoms went away with cipro, i had to try for about 4 more months till they believed me and found that it was an infection. there is no real definitive test for infections so people like us that have one they just treat symptoms. but antibiotics get to the root of cause. Please try this i hope it works for you!!

Anna
|

replied June 6th, 2009
clitoral numbness
I feel like men have it made.there is all kinds of stuff for men to take to help them with their problems with sex,but their is not one for us.thats not fair.they should be working on a pill for us.if we go to our gyno and tell them our problem,they say well it's probably menapause or they just do not have an answer,but if a man goes to their doctor and tells them they have a problem.they give them a pill and most of the time it works for them.we are the ones that need help or our partners will not be getting anything from us if we do not enjoy it.so we will have to keep trying to get help from our gyno until something works.
|

replied September 28th, 2009
wow yes i can so relate to you as well, i too would love to find the answer also!!!
|

User Profile
replied October 9th, 2009
numb
I would love to know the answer to this embarrassing and debilitating question. I have same problem. I dont know wht causes it and i dont know how to fix it, its very frustrating. At one point i thought, :"This must be normal, then" But i refuse to believe that it is. There must be something we can do. I dont enjoy sex at al. Apart from a 'full' feeling down there during sex, there's no sensation at al, friction-wise. WHY!? Can some one help us, please?!
|

This may sound stainge but has anyone tried having sex with a semi full bladder?!? i was the same as you guys then found out that if i needed to pee (not legs crossed needing to pee) i could feel every thing that i wanted to feel..! hope this is of some help to you,
|

well had done with full bladder, empty bladder, standing sitting etc etc etc!!!! but still nothing! almost like there is no arousal, the first 20 times i had sex i had all the feelings and could get aroused etc and had the full feeling etc, but now it is just like if you imagine, putting 3 fingers in a toilet roll (just an example) and going in and out, and thats what it is like! so hard to explain, just would love to enjoy and have FULL pleasures of sex..................
|

replied November 9th, 2009
I have the same thing too!
i found that i have the same problem. Rubbing my clitoris is very sensitive. I feel more if he pushes, but i feel more pressure that him (p.s. he is not small). I looked it up and i found this can mean a couple of things:

The most common cause of vaginal numbness and tingling is thrush or yeast or fungal infection. Other causes are bacterial vaginosis, damage to pudendal nerve. Nerve damage, diabetes or peripheral nerve disease. I am going to talk to my gynecologist.

In the mean time i am thinking of trying ribbed condoms and see if it makes a difference. I know that if I am on all fours and stay up, like don't put your head on the bed, it helps increase sensation. I also use Crown Condom and that helps way more than the other condoms. Hope this helps.
|

replied April 27th, 2010
i have the same problem! its really frustrating to not enjoy having sex with someone that you like or love. I would really like to know what is the cause and how to fix the problem.
|

replied November 18th, 2010
i am under 21 and the last time i had sex was about a week ago.. by the third time i had sex that night i started 2 have no feeling.... its numb and i dont know what happened. i also have diabetes could that be the problem? what should i do?
|

replied November 29th, 2010
The obvious is lubrication, dryness can dull things imho.

Have you tried putting a pillow under your bottom while having sex, for better penetration.
|

replied February 1st, 2011
Vaginal Numbness
I have the same issue. My husband and I waited until we were married to have sex and on our wedding night and for the most part ever since for the past two years, I don't feel anything. In my past I never had this issue. He is not a small guy by any means. Occasionally (once every 6 months I guess)it's like my sex drive and sensations will come back for one time only. That's how I found out that it's not him, it's me. I find that I get angry during sex because I can't feel anything and the whole thing is awekward because I'm not into it. So here's what I've found out may be the issue for many of us.

1. Have you ever been on birth control?
2. Have you ever taken antibiotics?
3. Do you eat an american diet (which is laden with processed foods, hormones, refined sugars, and pesticides)?
4. Do you get reocurring yeast infections but over the counter and prescribed creams don't really make it go away.

If yes to any or all of these then you may be suffering from an extreme case of Candida Albican. Search the web for the candida diet. This bacteria is resilient and is affecting many women in this country without them even knowing it. My whole 20s I've had issues with yeast infections. Three months before getting married I got on birth control again and I think that was the straw that broke the camels back sex wise. So educate yourself ladies. I hope this post helps.
|

replied March 25th, 2011
i get very dry and numb been sexually active since 16 im now 24 i had a child 2 years ago but just recently been getting this would also like answers
|

replied May 10th, 2011
For the last two years ive been with my partner i cannot feel anything during sex! It is really becoming fustrating. Its not that i cant feel if his in me ( i can feel him going in /out/ moving) but it just isnt pleasaurable it feels as if someone is rubbing my arm..

is there anything anyones found which can make this go away? or has anyone been too the doctors about it?

pleaseeeee replyyy im really interested too know other peoples experiences with this.
|

replied May 10th, 2011
hi have u tried thrush treatment it worked for me please try it
|

replied May 10th, 2011
|

replied May 10th, 2011
|

replied May 10th, 2011
no i havnt actually.. what thrush treatment did you try and can you get it over the counter or need prescription? did you have the same problem before the treatment?

Thankss!
|

replied May 11th, 2011
My partner also have this problem. She is not dry at all, but she doesn't feel aroused if i touch her down there nor on her nipple. And she's been like this all her life.

Could it be some hormonal or enzyme related issue?
|
12 >>
Quick Reply