Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Numbness in upper leg

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I do not know if the two are related, but here is the problem. I have always had extremely muscular quads...I never worked out so genetics is the only reason I have them, but they are huge and very defined....About a year ago, I noticed my right quad began to seem a little fatty and the muscle was getting smaller (also experiencing much burning in the area). This size difference was easy to tell since they were big to being with.

After a few months, my left leg had quite a bit of pain at the top while (I think) it grew larger to compensate for my right leg. I used to could flex my legs and watch the quad muscle bulge out, but no longer on the right side (left leg seems fine). The burning sensation went away for a few months, or at least lost its intensity, but now it is coming back more frequently...always in that same upper right leg and is especially bad when sitting or sleeping.

What in the world is going on with me? Do you think this kind of nerve damage (my guess) is permanent? Thanks for your help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|