Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Forum

numbness in night waking me

Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....
is there anything that i can do to help with hands going numb at night. have tried splints but these are not working now. I am waiting for surgery.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2010
(online)
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Your symptoms are suggestive of carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a medical condition in which the median nerve is compressed at the wrist, leading to pain, paresthesias, and muscle weakness in the forearm and hand. Treatment consists of rest, anti inflammatory pain killers and splints or casts. If the symptoms persist then surgery may be needed.

I must admit that it is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2010
Community Volunteer
The wrist brace does help...It keeps your hand steady...You may want to try it...Take care...

Caroline
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Carpal Tunnel Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.