Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Numbness in left arm and pinched nerve

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
User Profile
hello my problem is today i'm having a nuness in my left arm especially at night when trying to sleep and during the day time just nuness comes all of a sudently i have a pinch nerve in lower back can you give me any answers to this thank you gloria

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2010
Muscular and Nerve Disorders Answer A9983
Thank you for your question on ehealthforum.com

Numbness of a limb ( either arm or leg) can happen when slept on side due to compression of sensory nerve supplying the leg or arm. This is especially common in people with back problems due to vertebral column misalignment, disc changes.

So, naturally the underlying problem needs to be attended. There are no quick fix remedies for this, but it is helpful to give soft support(like pillows) to the back when sleeping.

An opinion from orthopaedician and physiotherapist is very helpful in this regard. Thank you.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Muscular and Nerve Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.