Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Numbness in arm and leg = MS?

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
Over the past few weeks I've suddenly had numbness in my right arm, and a week ago my right leg has gone numb. The numbness will last for a few hours at a time. I went to my primary care doctor, and she has referred me to a neurologist. I'm scared of what this could be. I thought maybe a pinched nerve, but I'm not sure why I would suddenly develop 2 pinched nerves in my back.

I also have fatigue, but not really any of the other symptoms that I see listed for MS. Has anyone's MS started initially with numbness in the limbs?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2010
Community Volunteer
MS introduces itself in many different forms and one being numbness / tingling in limbs. HOWEVER there are other things that can cause this as well.

See that neurologist and s/he will be able to determine if MS or not...may not get an answer right away. Keep a journal of symptoms / dates / how long they last, etc. Your neurologist will love you for it!

Best wishes,

Zig
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2010
I was just dx Nov 22 with mild MS. My first symptoms was left foot drop then has gone into my left hand and spots on my face. I first started out seeing my Chiro and having xrays which show alot of damage to my spine from other injurys. But he started to get worried and had me go and do a MRI then sent me to a another MD. Had my second MRI with finally a dx.
|