Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Numbness and tingling in left leg

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hi I've been having this problem for years. My doctor told me there is nothing that can be done But lately its been getting worse and its driving me crazy!
When i go to sleep my left leg starts tingling and goes numb where i have to move my leg around and shake it to stop, if i lie on my left side it stops, sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night screaming with pain Because my leg went numb with sharp sharp muscle tightness and it goes hot hot and i can feel my upper leg skin burning with pain where i have to rub fast for it to release.If i press on the side of my hip between my upper leg and hip i feel pain. Its hard to explain but i hope u get it. I am not sure what i can do to make it stop. It only happens when i go to sleep. what do i need to do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2009
Community Volunteer
You need to see a neurologist...this is not normal...
|

replied May 26th, 2010
i have numbness and tingleing in both my legs, the left side of my lower back hurts. this have been going on for two months
|

replied January 10th, 2012
I have the exact thing going on. did you ever find out what it is? doc looks at me like I am crazy!
|

replied January 10th, 2012
I have the exact thing going on. did you ever find out what it is? doc looks at me like I am crazy!
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2012
I have the same thing to tingling in my left leg the first time i ever had it my doctor gave me vitamin b compound which seem to help but its come back and ive been taking vitamin b for the last three months and its not helping i have had an injure to my back which could be the cause of some of the sensations i feel: i may have nerve damage i could have spinal damage i could even be suffering with siatica i no if it carries on i will be seeking professional help good luck owe i found buying deep relief cream from the chemist helped
|

replied February 13th, 2012
you might have a clot in your leg or you might not getting enough blood flow to your feet/or leg
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2012
I have been diganosed in the past with having a pulmonary embolism which i was given injection in me belly they didnt actually say where this was coming from and sent me home after a week in hospital with no ongoing care
|