Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

Numbness and tingling from arm to hand

Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
Hello I am a diabetic have been one for just over a year now. I have suddenly been experiencing some really bad tingling and numbness from my forearm to the tips of my fingers and get woken up by this. I experience this 24hrs a day. Can somebody tell me what might this be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2011
Experienced User
Could be diabetic neuropathy
Diabetes can cause nerve damage which may result in numbness and tingling. It's called diabetic neuropathy. You should look it up.

Assuming that that's what you are experiencing, the right alkaline diet and natural treatments using supplements (i.e. B12, acetyl-L-carnitine, salba seeds etc.) can help to reduce inflammation and regenerate the nerves which can effectively help the condition.

Also, I suggest that you post your question on the diabetic forum. The folks there seem very proactive and informed.

I hope this helps.

Tricia
|
Did you find this post helpful?