Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Numbness and sensitivity in R thigh after inigual hernia repair

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
I had laparoscopic bi-lateral inigual hernia repair 13 days post op ago. Mesh was used on both sides but I do not know what kind. I'm trying to find that out......

I guess I didn't do enough research beforehand. I am very upset that my doc did not warn me of all these possible problems. I hurt much more now than I ever did before surgery. I'm trying to be patient, thinking maybe I just haven't had enough time to heal. But I was told many people are back to "normal" in 5-6 days and 90% are fine by 2 weeks!!! WTH????

If that is true why are there so many people suffering here? Anyway, back to my question. How many people got upper thigh bruises, leg pain, numbness after surgery? If you did have this, does it eventually go away? When I get up from sitting or laying, it's almost like my leg won't work at first. And unless I am on pain meds I have a constant tightness, pulling sensation in that leg. Very bothersome!!

I also still have quite a bit of swelling. I was in pretty good shape going into this and now I look 4 months pregnant. When does the swelling go away? Mine is definitely better but I still can't comfortably wear jeans.
Did you find this post helpful?
|