Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Numbness and dizziness, weird feeling in body

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
Hello,
I'm 21 year old student from Slovenia and I have problems with my feeling for like a year now intensively. I went to a psychayatrist,and he diagnosed me with anxiety, OCD and moderate depression, so he prescribed me Asentra (Zoloft), first three months 100 mg and then 200 mg. I take Asentra for 5 moths now and with my anxiety is better. However, I still have a problems with my feeling in this life. I am almost always tired, sleepy ad with no motivation for anything, including things that supose to be pleasuring. I can't enjoy anything. But I was like that for many years, but lately (last year) I started to feel very wierd, like constant dizzines. It's very wierd feeling which I can't describe properly, but I will try. Sometimes, when I'm outside, I start to feel like I'm very weak, dizzy, disorientated, very numb, headache, my eyes start to tear and burn, I start being nervous, I don't know how I will deal if someone who I know comes by, because I have this strange feeling. Often when I'm at home, I feel very tired and numb also if I didn't do anything for a whole day, and his strange numb feeling in my body and muscles, like they are so heavy and clumsy, and I have troubles with coordination and with most usual things, it feels very strange, like I'm completely incapable of anything and everyting seems so hard to do, even drinking water or standing up. My eyes often start burning and tearing, and shuting down and I must concentrate to even open them, and I have bags (circles) under my eyes all the time, even if I've slept enough. For whole day I can't wait to go to sleep, but when I do, it takes an hour or more usualy to start sleeping properly. In the morning, I have very tense and tired feeling, and I must gather all my forces to even get out of my bed. Sometimes, when I have this feeling, it's even hard talking or responding to people, all seems very very hard, and often I contemplate suicide, just to stop feeling like that. I have problems with concentration and with sitting calm. When I lay down, I often twitch and toss myself around. I have also difficulty in reading and conentrating on text, lately I started to read incorrect word, like there is a word "Horse", and I think I see "Horror", or something like that, it's horrible. I've read a lot of books when I was in elementary school, and I was known as a book worm, but now I have problem with reading even a few senteces right. It's horrible and I don't know how to help myself. My parents don't take me very seriously. And Iam also always in bad mood, whatever happen (even very positive), I always find a reason to be in a bad mood. Everythime I succed with that. I'm also very nervous and I have problems with myself and other people all the time. Socializing is like moving a mountain for me. Meeting new people like breaking the constant ice, it's horrible. I need help with this annoying, numb, suffering feeling, that I can't control. If I wont start to feel any better in close future, I will probably end this everyday suffering.

Thankyou for reading to the end.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 31st, 2012
Experienced User
Hello man from Slovenia!! I get this all the time my gp said its a normal human feeling to feel dizzy and numb. I take respiradone 2mg a day which helps. You might have diabeties I find I'm most dizzy and numb after I've eaten food. Hope it gets better and you can sort it out.
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2012
It's normal human feeling to feel numb and dizzy??? Why live then, if I can't feel good in myself?
|

replied August 2nd, 2012
Hello student from Slovenia! I may know what you are talking about, to make it short, I sound very much like you. But som differences thought.

That feeling you are talking about, I have it too. And I am on no pills or medication. Sometimes I get this strange numb and dizzie feeling in my chest and it develops troughout my body. It is terrible, but in a way good, but its not good, like a paradox almost like all the memories and feelings I ever felt are summon in one. When it appear I cant do anything, its like hitting a wall of emotions trying to make you take a step back, memories from my childhood appear ( I had a very good childhood). But sometimes I try to have the feeling and " go into the wall" rather than letting my self be pushed back. I wonder what this is. Is it depression? Or something else? Perhaps we are just very emotional people who listen to the bode very well?
|

replied August 5th, 2012
Hi Thilla and Slovenian student. I am 80 and until I turned that age I was fit a very active. Now, six months later I feel ac wreck, mainly because I have the feeling my head is stuffed with contton wool. I do have a slight heart problem and numbness in the legs, cause I belive, by pressure on the leg nerves emeerging from the spinal chord in the lumbar region. Acupuncture is helping with this but the head problem continues
|

replied August 5th, 2012
Hi...I feel for you I really do ,I've been experiencing similar symptoms as you the past few months,I thought I was going crazy I really did,I was diagnosed with a low vitamin B 12 and am halfway through my course of injections.It might just be something to look in to as low B 12 can cause lots of symptoms of mental health issues,people have often been diagnosed with Alzheimers when in fact their vitamin B12 level was just too low.I really hope this helps you a little bit and that you get the help you deserve to start feeling better,you are so young to be feeling like this and not enjoying your life but I can totally understand how you are feeling.Ask your doctor to do a Full Blood Count and see how that turns out.I wish you the best of luck and don't give up,there's a reason you are feeling how you are,don't give up till you find out what it is.your life is far too important not too !
|

replied April 9th, 2013
hey student
Hey students i just Anna tell you that or not the only same exact things are happening to me lsn u need to check or vitamins level because low vitamin s level can increase dnxiety and death depression !
|

replied April 9th, 2013
Hey students i just Anna tell you that or not the only same exact things are happening to me lsn u need to check or vitamins level because low vitamin s level can increase dnxiety and death depression !
|

replied June 2nd, 2013
I have the same problem too. Whenever I'm standing I get very dizzy then my body goes numb.. I am thinking it's the anxiety for some reason.. If that makes sense.
Not to long ago I had a anxiety attack . I'm not sure why but it happened . And I was very dizzy and numb during that week. So I'm thinking I may have one again.
|

replied July 26th, 2013
Hi young man

Don't worry too much, I'm 35 and i'm suffering the same symptoms. The worst is that I have panic attack when i am in a crowd. But slowly slowly i'm recovering, i try to go jogging every afternoon, Exercise can decrease stress hormones' like cortisol, and increase endorphins, your body's feel-good chemicals, giving your mood a natural boost. (This is the chemistry behind a runners high.) And you're lucky you have your parents around you. I grew up with no parents, adding to my anxiety & stress. Move forward, you're too young to die and life is just starting for you. And ask God for guidance.
|

replied August 2nd, 2013
It sounds like Depersonalization Disorder to me. I have been struggling with the same thing for awhile now. It's rough but there are people who have beaten it mostly through exercise, a change in diet and by ignoring the strange feelings and focusing on the task at hand.

You aren't the only one buddy. Good luck.
|

replied October 8th, 2013
Eating healthy is a very important part of life. Now a days companies grow, make and store our foods with hundreds of pesticides herbicides chemicals preservatives and all these additives can be very harmful to our body. A good start would be to not eat anything man made aka packaged. Msg could also be a contributing factor to these feelings of which its name is hid by very many diffrent labels.. I wish you luck and stay healthy.
|

replied February 12th, 2014
If you guys feel the same way I do I really feel sorry for you. For almost 4 months now everyday I get this really spaced out/dizzy feeling in my head, at times even feels numb. I feel disorientated and off balance and even the simplest tasks feel hard to accomplish. I hav been to the ER about 10 times because I feel like im going to pass out or even die. I hav been tested for pretty much everything and everything comes back normal. Hav been tested for HIV sexually transmitted deseases, lymes desease, diabetis, had blood tests done, urine samples, spinal tap, cat scan for my head, u name it ive had it done. Starting to think its anxiety/stress related but I dont kno wat to do to feel better. Been taking vitamin b-12, fish oil and pills for stress. Any comments/suggestions will be greatly accepted.
|

replied February 22nd, 2014
As I suffered from a similar condition and after 3 years in the doctors no one could basically find what it is was or how to treat it, I promised myself that I would come back to the internet and share with you all if I managed to find any solution to regain sensation in my skin, as in 3 years I couldn't find anything on the internet on how to cure yourself from this.

I am happy to say that I now regained my touch sensation in many parts of my body. Basically big part of the numbness went away and I am now confident that full recovery is possible. My feet, my mouth, my hands, my face are basically feeling again, after 3 years of constant numbness and almost not believing that I would even remember what is it to feel touch as before.

This miraculous outcome happened after I drank a plant medicine called Ayahuasca that has been used in the Amazon Jungle for thousands of years for healing purposes. There are tons of information about Ayahuasca on the internet, but I recommend a 45 minute video called "Jungle Prescription Nature of Things" (search for it on youtube, is fully available there) where a Canadian MD explains how he is using the plant to cure addiction in Canada.

Bear in mind that this is not something you can do alone at home, as drinking Ayahuasca is not a easy experience, so you need to find an appropriate guide that leads Ayahuasca ceremonies.

So far I have drank Ayahuasca 5 nights, during a period of 3 weeks. After the 2 first Ayahuasca sessions, I noticed that food tasted 100 times better than before, that's when I understood that I actually had numbness in my mouth for this whole time. I couldn't believe that I was feeling again inside my mouth! One day after I felt numbness disappearing in my neck and 3 ceremonies later I regained the touch sensation in my arms, hands, legs, feet and belly! I can't be more thankful to my friend who told me about it.

I will be heading to Peru in April for a 10 days Jungle stay in order to seek full recovery. Apart from my numbness that appeared 3 years ago, I also have muscle pain that haunts me for 8 years, which doctors classified it as Fibromyalgia, and I am hoping that this will also go away.

So for those of you who do not believe that is possible to feel again, please do your research on Ayahuasca and give it a shot, and please share your experiences as it is important that we all help each other in the healing processes, as we all know that Western medicine does not have all the answers.

I should also state that I am a software engineer and I am truly believer in science, it is was hard for me to accept that something like this could help, but now that I tried at the experiential level it is hard not to speak highly about it.

I wish you all luck in your path to health and keep believing it because it is possible!

Best Regards.
|