Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Numb skin on thigh ,

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
The skin on a small patch on my thigh is numb, and now and again it has a hot sensation, its felt like that for about a month, do you know what it could be?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2010
Skin Answer A15317
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. I am really glad to help you out. You might be suffering from meralgia paresthetica - this occurs when the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve of the thigh becomes irritated.

This condition is commonly seen during pregnancy, in people wearing tight clothes, or in patients suffering from diabetes. It is important to know that in this the numbness occurs on the lateral aspect of the thigh. Please do consult a neurologist for a detailed evaluation of the same. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.