Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Noticed anexity attacks before BP diagnosis?

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
I only recently found this forum as a result of looking for help with self isolation and have never felt so belonging to others as I do here, the threads read like a diary of my life. I'm not sure if im BP, but after failed relationship after failed relationship, constant ups, downs, years on 3 hours or less of sleep a night I question if I am BP and noticed in retrospect that it all seemed to start back in my early 20's with a series of anexity or panic attacks that lasted a few years. Have any of the diagnosed BP persons here in the forum shared a similar experience? Its 3:26 am and I cant shut my brain down, cant slow the slury of thoughts and ideals, Im 38 now and am just realizing that I need help and getting tired of trying.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 27th, 2012
I too have just discovered this site trying to find help with getting back to work. I started with anxiety and panic attacks when i was young, was misdiagnosed with depression at 19 then diagnosed with bipolar when i was 26. I am now 28. I have experienced so much to do with BPD and believe it is one of the worst things that could happen to someone. I am currently suicidal so i do know how u feel when u say u r tired of trying.
You need to go to a doctor first but write down everything you want to get across or ask so that you dont forget something and get misdiagnosed. Medication helps a lot of people so just wait till you see a doctor. When i was first medicated it worked really well so good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?