Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

noticable swollen bladder - frequent urination

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
Hi i recently went to the doctor because I have a noticable swollen lower abdomen. MY doctor said its my bladder and could be BV and prescribed Metronidazole....I finished treatment 3 days ago and my lower abdomen is still swollen only now I am experiencing frequent urination and pressure on my bladder.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 9th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi and Welcome

Did you call your doctor back to let them know you are still not feeling well?
|
Users who thank ^Serenity^ for this post: girly038 

replied June 9th, 2008
Thanks for replying! No I have an appointment in 2 weeks to make sure everthing cleared up I dont know why my doctor is having me wait 2 weeks after treatment. Im glad im urinating more frequent now but my lower abdomen is still swollen im hoping it naturally clears up. I didnt experience the frequent urination till the day after finishing the metronidazole.
|

replied June 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Keep us posted

If you feel you can not wait 2 weeks call the doctor sooner, also you can ask to be put on a cancellation list.
|