Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Nothing on toilet paper after bowel movement...

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Hi....I was wondering if anyone is or has experienced this.....I have regular bowel movements, none of which contain blood, but I'm noticing at times that when I wipe, there is nothing on the toilet paper....it's clear? Is that a bad sign?

Any information would be great....Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 12th, 2010
Having a clean BM is a good thing. The sign of a healthy BM is that there's nothing on the toilet paper. How does it smell? It sounds like you have perfect bowel health! A perfect BM is either S shaped or like a banana in length and consistency, has little smell and nothing much to wipe.
|

replied February 15th, 2010
I have had bloody stool and sometimes dirrehra for the past month, I take alprazolam 0.25 twice a day for stress I am a 67 year old female
|
Quick Reply