Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Nothing makes me happy. lost interest in life. need help!

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
I dont even know where to start. Im Bipolar and have anxiety/panic attacks. I have been severely depressed for about 4 months now and have been having severe panic attacks and anxiety for about 6 months now. I have always gone through my bouts of depression and panic attacks before but this time it just wont let up. Im about to get fired from my job because i cant work because im so anxious and panicky. My doctor keeps switching my meds around but nothing seems to work. I cant remember the last time i was happy. Before this I was comfortably numb now i cant even achieve that. I have no reason to be depressed. I have a loving husband and 2 beautiful kids. I cannot cope with being this low. When im not feeling like im dieing inside im the total opposite extremely panicky and anxious. I guess thats the bipolar part. It is killing me. there are days where i sleep 16 hours straight because of the depression then days i dont sleep at all from the anxiety and racing thoughts. Lately i have been trying to go places and do things thinking it may get me back to some sort of normal but that doesnt even help. Im afraid this time im not going to come out of this. My family is worried and im terrified. Im calling some physiologists monday. I just dont know what to do. I know medication is only part of the help and i have to help myself and thats what ive been trying to do. I feel hopeless! I cry all the time. When i have panic attacks they r bad. I have derealization and depersonalilation. I dont feel real or feel like i even exist. Its like u lose sanity. I use to be ocd about cleaning and everything in my house was spotless and my truck was spotless. I cant even tell you the last time i cleaned. I pray every night this will go away or lessen. I cant even eat anymore without feeling sick. I know im blessed and have no reason to be feeling like this but i do. Please tell me something i havent heard.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2010
hmm i dont know if i can tell you something you havent heard but i feel just like you do, like is there a point to anything anymore, the only time im happy is when im working and having someone but i guess what im trying to say, before you can find a point, find yourself.
explore life, find new things you've not done before.
|

replied June 5th, 2012
Never give up
KEEP ON PUSHING LOVE! JUST DONT GIVE UP! YOU'LL FIND A SOLUTION EVENTUALLY.

NEVER GIVE UP!

X
|

replied June 29th, 2013
solution for depression
This is really a spiritual journey and you need to consider becoming and or practicing Islam. It gives you peace of mind it makes you appreciate what you have, you wouldn't require any meds at all, is all gonna go away i gaurantee you this. You will have spiritual contact with your Lord everyday who cares and hears, if it all works out for you then consider visiting Mecca, you will be purified internally and will enjoy the rest of your life.
I can promise you will see success
|