Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Not using bathroom regularly

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I do not use the bathroom regularly and when i do which is maybe once a week its only like four or five pellets. what should i do and what could be going on?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2011
Hello, and thanks for your medical question on eHealthForum.

Based on the history, you may be having constipation like symptoms. This is no need to panic as this is common in many people.

Constipation is young adults is often due to a stressed lifestyle with lack of proper eating habits characterized by eating a lot of junk and processed foods, and not having enough freshly prepared whole foods. Be sure to drink enough fluids and include more cereals, fiber supplements. This will help address the problem of constipation.

You might consider a physical examination by your treating physician if you have any persisting doubts so that you can be reassured.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.