Medical Questions > Mens Health > Birth Control - Men Forum

not sure that my sperm went in or not

User Profile
i had intercourse with my partner last night without protection but at the time of injection i took may penis out but i am not sure that my sperm went in or not what do i do now?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 17th, 2011
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A29517
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The Pullout/withdrawal method of contraception is associated with highest failures (it is known to contain sperms and no man can be 100% sure that pre-cum/ pre-ejaculatory fluid did not leak out during vaginal penetration). If she was during her fertile days, or closer to her ovulation time (time of egg release from ovary), then chances of pregnancy are possible. She can consider taking emergency contraceptive within 24-48 hours of the unprotected intercourse to prevent pregnancy. Since these pills contain high hormonal dosages, there can be period and menstrual cycle abnormalities including delay in periods. Avoid further unprotected sexual contact. If pregnancy gets ruled out, and if you are not ready for pregnancy, but intend to remain sexually active, she should consider visiting her gynecologist to get started on suitable regular birth control measures to be protected (after the periods). She should be regular with birth control use as instructed.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Birth Control - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.