Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Not ovulating after miscarriage ?? (Page 1)

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
Hi,

In March, I was told I had a missed miscarriage; I was at 12wks going for my first ultrasound, and sadly I found out the baby passed at 8.5wks. I had a D&C preformed March 18th. I bled off and on for 2 weeks - thought it would never stop! My period started April 10th. I use to have quite the regular cycle (28 days). I started using the clear blue ovulation sticks right after I stopped bleeding until April 28th - all negative! Maybe it was too early to use the ovulation testing sticks - I don't know?

Has anyone experienced not ovulating right after a miscarriage or D & C?

Thanks so much
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 12th, 2009
Hi, I found out I lost my baby on 12th Feb and so on Feb 14th 2009, I was 5 months pregnant and had to give birth by taking tablets to induce labour. I have been using clear blue ovulation sticks for the last 2 months at the times they tell me to and even used two packs the first month, but I had no positive tests and like you I am worried something is wrong. I bled for 7 weeks. Did you find anything out yet?

Thanks

x
|

replied May 14th, 2009
Hi,

I went to see my family doctor last week, and they said it could take a little while for things to go back to "normal" - it could take some time. They also mentioned to try using the ovulation sticks any where from 10am-2pm to see if I can catch the surge then, along with looking for other physical signs (cervical mucus, etc) I had been using the sticks at 5am when I get up and they said this maybe too early - but it caught it the last time...?
I think I will wait another 3 months to see if anything happens, after that, I'm going to make an apt. with my OB/GYN to see what is going on more specifically.
My period just finished, so trying again for this month...
Let me know how things go for you...
|

replied May 14th, 2009
Hey it's really weird you just replied, as I finished using a set of sticks on 12th (a set of 7 that I had started when I was supposed to according to my period dates) and still kept getting negative. Like you I was doing it first thing in the morning around 7.30am to make sure I had not been to the loo for more than 4 hours. Anyway, yesterday and today I noticed a lot of clear sticky discharge and it was playing on my mind that maybe this was ovulation. So about an hour ago I went to the chemist and bought some more and guess what! Success! I got a smiley face!! Its completely made my day and reassured me that I am ovulating but maybe I ovulate slightly later in my cycle. Let me know how you get on this month. xx
|

replied May 19th, 2009
That's wonderful news!!!! It's so exciting when you get that smiley face!
Hopefully I will see one too this week Smile

Take care and let me know how things go.

All the best!
|

replied June 3rd, 2009
Hi there,

Congrats on getting your smiley face - that's what I'm after! This is my 2nd cycle since my D&C and I'm on CD16 with still no smiley Sad This means even if I get one tomorrow then I won't ovulate till CD 18 or 19 which seems really really late - I always had dot on 28 day cycles before my mc and even the first one after was only 31 days...

What CD are you on Alliy? Hope you don't mind me asking!

Kristen x
|

replied July 22nd, 2009
Problems ovulating
Let me tell you my story,please tell me if anyone has been in my situation. I am 39, have not had a cycle in 4 years without medication. I am in perimenapause and have taken clomid. This did not work. I have been through the emotional rollercoaster to the point I am just depressed. My doctor has told me my ovaries are not developing and are just there. I have tried every procedure possible and have taken vitamins nothing. I just can not ovulate for nothing. I did ovulate once with the HSG injection but I still didn't get pregnant. I have been to about 10 doctors and they try but nothing. Just came from the doctor this morning and he gave me 3 options: carry someone elses egg, adopt, or he will monitor me in a month. Is there anything else I can try or take over the counter?
|

replied July 25th, 2009
Ovulation Test Strips...after miscarriage
Hi all,

Still waiting for my smiley face! Just started trying again after miscarriage in May. Peeing on the test sticks which have worked in the past and nothing as yet. Its 16 days since start of my period. Hoping there will be a delayed ovulation. Its very frustrating and I am starting to worry but I think there is no detector like your own body hey. Anyone have this problem at day 16?? xx
|

replied August 5th, 2009
Ovulation problems after miscarriage
Hi everyone... wanted to share my story as well. I had a missed miscarriage in April-D&C April 21st... seemed like forever before I started my period!! Finally started June 11th-I have always had 34 day cycles but the next period didn't come until July 18th (one whole darn week later!) and knew I wasn't prego because I also was using ovulation predictor pee-sticks and never had a positive. So I've still been using them again this month and YAY ovulation positive this month-well today actually!! TTC last night & am waiting for DH to get home! So wish me luck or baby dust or whatever!!

Mainly I just wanted everyone to know that I also didn't ovulate for a month or so after the miscarriage and that it will eventually get back to normal!
|

replied August 10th, 2009
Hi all,

Finally got my smiley face couple of days after my last post around day 19 so very late!
Just found out I am pregnant Smile
Fingers crossed this time around. Good luck to you all xxx
|

replied June 4th, 2010
MISCARRIAGE AND OVULATION
On March 12,2010 found out no fetal heart beat would have been 10 wks. It is June 4,2010 and just found out 1 week ago hcg level at 24.I got the first negative home test 6-3-2010. Can anyone tell me how long it might be before cycle and ovulating might return? I am 42 and we were not trying to get pregnant have always been told I couldent because of type 1 diabetes. But I want to try now. Thanks,Georganne
|

replied June 20th, 2010
I had a missed miscarriage resulting in a D&C late Nov 2009 & 17 weeks later period had not returned so went on pill in april for 1 month (doctors advice.) I had a period following 3 weeks of the pill but it has now been another 9 weeks and peiod has still not returned. It has all up been 30 weeks since D&C & since i had a period naturally. Can anyone help??
|

replied June 27th, 2010
Ovulating after miscarriage
I had a missed miscarriage on May 13 resulting in a D&C on May 16. As you know, it is just so devastating, so sharing and reading experiences has really helped. I am so worried something is wrong with me. I started my period on 12 June and started using ovulation sticks on day 9 but but nothing and I am on day 16. I thought I should be really fertile by now and the sadness is just really getting to me. Please give me some hope.
|

replied September 14th, 2010
Hi VeeBee, the same thing is happening to me. I had a missed miscarriage (wk 13) in June, have had 2 extremly painful and heavy periods but have not been able to detect any LH surges. My cycles are pretty much back to normal time ways - 29 days but still no smiley face. I'm still experiencing some painful twinges in my abdomen - anyone else experiencing this?
|

replied February 23rd, 2012
Hi lleucu

When have you got smiley face?
|

replied September 17th, 2010
Hi, I had a mc on 4th July, and have pretty much got back to my usual cycle of 28days. I have been using the one step ovulation tests which i bought off amazon. I haven't had any positives apart from a faint line, which apparently is supposed to be stronger than the test line for it to be positive. I am now worried that i am not ovulating or wondering whether the test strips just arent working. Has anyone else had the same experience or had any success with these test strips?

Looking forward to your replies.
|

replied September 17th, 2010
Hi, I had a mc on 4th July, and have pretty much got back to my usual cycle of 28days. I have been using the 'one step ovulation tests' which i bought off amazon. I haven't had any positives apart from a faint line, which apparently is supposed to be stronger than the test line for it to be positive. I am now worried that i am not ovulating or wondering whether the test strips just arent working. Has anyone else had the same experience or had any success with these test strips?

Looking forward to your replies.
|

replied September 23rd, 2010
Not ovulating after miscarriage
Hi,
I hope someone can help. I had a missed m/c at 12 weeks (development stopped at 7 weeks). Since then i have had lots of extremely heavy bleeding and no identifiable cycles so i don't think i'm ovulating. The doctors/hospital don't want to know and i'm at my wits end. I really don't know what to do. Before the m/c my cycles had been bang on 28 days my whole life! Has anyone experienced anthing similar?
|

replied October 2nd, 2010
Hi everyone

I got pregnant after my second time trying, had a miscarriage back in June, D&C on June 2, got a heavy period on July 4. My doctor said we could try after my first cycle and that women are usually extremely fertile after a D&C, so I though it would be easy this time around. Well it has not been so easy, although my period comes every 29 days just like it always did, I can not detect ovulation, every stick comes back with a negative. I have now gotten my period for a 4th time since the D&C and I turned 35 tis month and I am getting nervous now that my age is a big factor at this point. I must have gone through 100's of ovualtion tests already,,any advice,,how long should I wait before I go back to my ob-gyn?
|

replied February 23rd, 2012
Hi gigi1012

I'm facing same problem..

Have you been able to conceive again?
|

replied October 7th, 2010
ttc after a miscarriage
had a miscarriage in june was 10 weeks but a missed miscarriage as baby stopped at 7.5 weeks was heartbroken had d&c period come 3 weeks after but has been coming every 45 days now where i was exact to the day before! have not fallen pregnant since have been trying every think possible! have also had to have cells removed for cn3 im so stressed out as im scared i wont fall pregnant again! people tell u to stop thinkin about it and it will happen but not an easy thing to do Sad
|

replied November 1st, 2010
Hi,

I had a m/c in June at 9 weeks, (stopped growing at 6 weeks) and my cycles have gone up to 32 days from 28. Have used ovulations sticks the 7 packs from day 10 to day 16 but had no smiley faces yet..am currently on day 14...this month am going to keep using them up to day 20 and see if I get anything...

Good luck to you all x
|
12 >>