Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

Not losing weight

Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....
I am 21 years old and 5'9" and 123.5 lbs.
I understand that this weight is not abnormal for my height and technically I should probably weigh a bit more, but all my life I have had an extremely high metabolism and never really had to worry about working out or watching what I eat until the few years ago, I also understand it's because my body is changing due to hormones but I feel terriblely uncomfortable looking the way I do because it is not something I am used to.

I work out 20-30 min. a day 7 days a week doing a mix of calisthenics and pilates.
I eat around 5 small meals a day that contain high proteins and good carbs, plenty of fruits, vegetables, even flax and omega 3's with multi-vitamins every morning.
I haven't lost a single pound in a month, I hardly see any improvement in muscle tone, and I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

If anyone could give me any insight, tips, or different exercises that could help I would really appreciate it.

-Lauren
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 20th, 2010
I suggest for best green vegs. food and reduce your oily food. And complete concentrate on your diet plan. So, i think your get achieve your goal.

Thanks,
Janet
|

replied February 3rd, 2010
YOu don't need to lose weight, but you'll lose inches by gaining muscle. Also, I eat the food in the Svelte Gourmet cookbook and I've lost 10 pounds and have kept it off. Love it. As you get older, your metabolism may slow down -- so learning now how to cook and eat is SOOO important.
|

replied February 15th, 2010
Lauren, the problem may be with digestive health. Most of us have a compromised digestive system which does not absorb nutrients as it should, nor eliminate fats from the digestive tract very efficiently. I would suggest a good herbal colon cleanse. This helps to clear your colon and promote digestive health by restoring a balanced microflora. A healthy microflora will help prime digestive health. Start with a comprehensive colon cleanse program. It should help you eliminate accumulated waste in the colon, detox the system and prime digestive health. I am using BeneCleanse - which also provides ongoing nutritional support for maintaining colonic and digestive health. I hope you do experience weight loss results – remember it takes hard work too – keep at your diet and exercise regularly!
|

replied April 13th, 2010
Well, first of all by knowing your height and weight, I believe you DON'T need to lose weight.

According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, one should not eat a lot of raw cold foods like salads. The reason for this is because the digestive system prefers warmth to keep it functioning properly. By eating cold foods and drinks, you will shut down your digestive fires, and weaken your digestion. Improper digestive processes will lead to water retention in the body. Therefore to promote proper digestion, cook/saute your vegetables to warm them up, eat less salads, and dont drink cold drinks (drink room temperature). Proper digestion will lead to less body fat! Of course there are other practices one must do in order to lose weight and maintain a healthy body weight.

You can message me for further information.
|