Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

not having erection while sleeping?

Must Read
10% of men experience erectile dyfunction. When does a penis become erect? And what is ED? Start here for ED basics....
Can other medical conditions causes erection problems? Here we review the many potential causes of erectile dysfunction. ...
If you can't achieve an erection or control ejaculation, you might have Erectile Dysfunction. But what primary ED symptoms should you look for?...
User Profile
I have been Mastrubating nearly 5years. Now past one month i m not having erection while sleeping. I have a ffel of having erection problem and small penis size

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 8th, 2011
Erectile Dysfunction Answer A26636
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

It is common for young men, who indulge in masturbation, to have such issues. But this common issue of lack of proper erections is transient and is mostly due to stress.

You should relax for now, and stop masturbating for a while, and indulge in other activities to take your mind off the matter. After some time, you will begin to have proper normal erections.

With regard to the size of the penis, I would like to let you know that unless you are in possession of a ‎micropenis - a rare condition in which a man’s erect penis is shorter ‎than 2 inches in length - size does ‎not and should not matter. ‎
‎
When measuring the penis dimensions, you need to consider the following :

‎1. length (the measurement from the base of a man’s penis to the tip) and

‎2. girth (the distance around a ‎penis, usually measured at the middle of a man’s penile shaft).

The average penis ranges between 3.5 and 6.2 ‎inches in length and between 3.7 and 5.1 inches in girth ‎when erect.‎
‎
In case, you still do think that your penis is very small, then consulting a urologist for a proper ‎evaluation and discussion of surgical elongation of penis can be considered.

I hope this helps.

‎

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Erectile Dysfunction , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.