Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

Not getting a fully erect penis

Must Read
10% of men experience erectile dyfunction. When does a penis become erect? And what is ED? Start here for ED basics....
Can other medical conditions causes erection problems? Here we review the many potential causes of erectile dysfunction. ...
If you can't achieve an erection or control ejaculation, you might have Erectile Dysfunction. But what primary ED symptoms should you look for?...
User Profile
hi,my wife and i are happi and satisfied during the love making..for 5 years relationship we dont have any issue regarding this,
we make love in the morning and it was successful,then when we woke up we try again but we failed my penis did not erect well..then we try again in the evening again it was not successful.its 1week now im not getting fully erect penis.
what could be the problem?is there any chances that i would go back to normal?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2010
Erectile Dysfunction Answer A15337
Hi there, thank you for posting your question. My area of expertise is in human sexual dysfunction. I hope I can be of some small help to you.

You are describing classical Performance Anxiety Erectile Dysfunction. This can develop overnight. It is very easily fixed. This can be done usually, though not always, without medication. The commonest cause of erectile dysfunction in young men is performance anxiety and the commonest cause of this is watching oneself trying to get an erection. Once a man is up in the audience he is doomed.

This is what is happening: The brain is trying to get a message through to the penis to get ready for action and get erect. Fleeting and sometimes subliminal negative thoughts or worries are blocking those messages from getting through. The brain is trying to call up the penis but it keeps getting a busy signal and cannot get through.

There is now a tried and trusted set of behavioural techniques that can overcome this in a matter of a week or so. These are so easy to apply. Sometimes, depending on the circumstances, it is necessary to add in some medications into the mix. But, one way or the other, I can get you through this quickly and I would be delighted to do so. You would need to have a regular trusting partner. Otherwise you are going to need medication until you are in a steady relationship.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

www.andrewrynne.com

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: add
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Erectile Dysfunction , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.